Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"There is the United States of America..."

Good morning my country! Guess what...I'm proud of you. And you too, Indiana.

Not necessarily because you chose the best candidate - thought I believe you did - but because of the momentum you have inspired in this country for the first time since I can remember. History was made last night - that cannot be denied. Grass root efforts pull through yesterday and I am so proud of everyone in this country for using their voice. I'm thrilled with stories of massive voter turn out. I'm ecstatic that the youth vote actually came alive yesterday.

Bravo!

And now, the hard part...right? We aren't a decidedly blue country - we are very violet. I have so many friends and family members who do not share in my excitement about our President-elect. And I know how you feel....four years ago I was feeling much the same. How do you rebuild? I honestly don't know, but I hope and pray that there is a plan in place. And I have faith that there is. And I know in my heart that we have an amazing and competent leader who will hopefully sway those who are on the fence.

God bless America.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better. Onwards and upwards - but we can only do it TOGETHER!!!!!!