Sunday, September 21, 2008

The self-guided walking tour of Courtney M. Hime

I do not take photos. I've gone for three years of my college career without a digital camera.

But, in August, I bit the bullet and bought a camera to use while I was in D.C. Two weeks in and I hadn't taken a single photo. Apparently, you can't teach an old camera-shy dog any sort of new photography tricks.

Then people started pressuring me for photos. Strange, I know.

So today, in an effort to get some exercise and appease those who clamor for photos, I went on a walking tour of the major monuments in D.C.

Here is what I came up with for you to enjoy...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks you for taking this tour for us - I almost felt like I was right there with you. I think you are a better photographer than you give yoursel credit for! Love, Mom

irishstew said...

Grandma and Grandpa liked them also.

S said...

I wouldn't call it pressure, merely friendly suggestions from super awesome people!

The results were excellent!

...But can you keep it up?

-S

Jojo said...

Hi Courtney! Fun tour - I was there when I was about 9 or 10 - think I might go back someday. :)

Jojo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos Courtney. It makes it more real for your younger cousins! They actually stopped their wargame for 5 minutes to look at the White House, your place, and the memorials. : ) -K